By Donald Janner
The correct time-saver for the busy clinician on the entrance traces of pediatric care, this convenient advisor grants a realistic "how-to" viewpoint on prognosis and remedy for more than a few quite often encountered infections.
Broad-based fabric is helping you meet the demanding situations of quite a number infectious disorder states—from otitis media, sinusitis, and urinary tract infection...to hepatitis, cervical adenitis, pediatric tuberculosis, pneumonia, catheter an infection, and more.
Let those dynamic gains consultant your diagnostic and remedy choices...
* Clinically crucial fabric on particular medicines and dosages is helping you choose the simplest remedy for every sufferer, and signals you to most likely unsafe dosing error and drug interactions.
* Section on actual interpretation of laboratory tests outlines right interpretive procedure for a number of universal exams and is helping hone your diagnostic skills.
* Consistent bankruptcy template lets you find wanted info quickly.
* Coverage of an infection keep watch over in organ transplant recipients is helping you meet the particular wishes of this sufferer population.
* Convenient size makes this an excellent quick-consult on the bedside, within the lab, or within the office.
Diagnose and deal with formative years infections with confidence...Order your replica today!
Read or Download A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Infectious Disease (Recall Series) PDF
Similar medicine books
Hello Dad . . . will we have a talk approximately your dementia . . . are you able to bear in mind the way it all started? while Ron Husband began to omit issues – dates, names, appointments . . . daft issues, vital issues – it took some time to grasp that this used to be ‘a assorted kind of forgetting’.
A lot of well-being care this day contains aiding sufferers deal with stipulations whose results should be tremendously motivated by means of way of life or habit switch. Written in particular for well-being care pros, this concise ebook provides robust instruments to augment communique with sufferers and advisor them in making offerings to enhance their health and wellbeing, from weight-loss, workout, and smoking cessation, to drugs adherence and more secure intercourse practices.
- Middle ear surgery with 9 tables; [DVD-video included]
- Sherris Medical Microbiology (6th Edition)
- High Yield Histology 2d ed
- Oral Cancer: Diagnosis and Therapy
- Urticaria and Angioedema
- Jean Fernel's On The Hidden Causes of Things: Forms, Souls, And Occult Diseases In Renaissance Medicine (Medieval and Early Modern Science)
Extra resources for A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Infectious Disease (Recall Series)
One limitation of ROC curve analysis is the rather clumsy way in which composite tests are developed. In order to assess a second marker, undiagnosed cases based on the primary marker are used to construct a conditional or multi-ROC curve covering the reduced probability space . The main ﬂaw in this approach is that it requires speciﬁcation of a threshold for the primary marker and the diagnostic accuracy of the secondary marker in the remaining undiagnosed true cases is con- 31 Statistical approaches to biomarker selection ditional on this threshold.
American Journal of Medicine, 104, 374–80. , Laupacis, A. et al. (1995). Multicentre trial to introduce the Ottawa ankle rules for use of radiography in acute ankle injuries. British Medical Journal, 311, 594–7. H. et al. (1997). Implementation of the Ottawa knee rule for the use of radiography in acute knee injuries. JAMA, 278, 2075–9. E. L. (1999). Why we need large, simple studies of the clinical examination: the problem and a proposed solution. Lancet, 354, 1721–4. G. (1999). Informatics in point-of-care testing.
Bandolier, 45, 8. html) 4 King’s Fund (1998). Counting the Cost: The Real Impact of NonInsulin Dependent Diabetes, Kings Fund Policy Institute Report. 5 The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group (1993). The eﬀect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and prognosis of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. New England Journal of Medicine 329, 977–86. 6 UKPDS Group (1998). Intensive blood glucose control with sulphonylureas or insulin compared with conventional treatment and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33).
A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Infectious Disease (Recall Series) by Donald Janner